Sunday, March 28, 2010

Code code code

code code code, blog blog blog. 2 things I should do more often. I've been tweeting a lot more lately. Not like you or anyone else really cares, but I had to. My geekiness depends on it.

So I have a TON of pet projects for web sites, blogs, domain names, that I just NEVER get around to working on. When I do, it's rare. So tonight, I opened up Eclipse, and looked at code I haven't touched in at least a year or more. As is often the case, I decided to rewrite a good chunk of it. It's not terrible code, I just think I can do it a better way. I'll reuse a lot of it, but make adjustments here and there. I've been writing my own framework in PHP 5. I know there are tons of PHP frameworks out there, but for me it's not about just grabbing someone else's stuff to get things done, it's about learning how to do it. First iterations were kind of kludgy so I rewrote it a couple of times, and now I'm rewriting it yet again. I've learned a lot about classes, subclasses, inheritance, etc...

Once those pieces are done, I can proceed with some of the sites I wanted to do.

I have domains and blogs related to subjects I'm interested in such as hockey, politics, and technology. As I get through some of these projects, I will post info about them.


No comments: